Friday, June 23, 2017

Tha'ts it then.

Today is the end of an era, no 2 son has his very last GCSE exam, Physics. Then he will no longer be a school boy.Yesterday was my own very last day of doing school runs[ for the past 16 years] [No 1 son started at Nursery at 3] Bittersweet, I most definitely will not miss battling the school run traffic every morning, on 1 stretch of road, there are 3 schools, its traffic madness.I will also be able to get up and out to work early and beat that rush hour traffic. Which is a good thing as there are yet more road works being started in the city and on my route, which means my commute is likely to take even longer, good job I enjoy listening to my audio books. Our city currently resembles a car park at rush hour, there are so many road works and work on the metro bus set up, it must be one of the worst places in the UK to drive.

 On the other hand I am going to miss our early morning 1:1 time. Their childhoods seem to have gone in a blink, how did that happen, how did my cute little bundles  turn into handsome 6 foot men? They are now starting to spread their wings, no 1 son seems to be developing a night time social life, scary, no girls on the radar yet, which is a blessing as I am not sure I would cope, even no 2 son is now developing his interest and social life. I really need to get a bit of a social life, or just start doing things other than crafting on my evenings.

Today I am off to the dentist, a large part of 1 of my teeth fell off yesterday ! strangely its not painful or sensitive, but really needs sorting before I jet off on my holibobs, after having spent a huge amount on new eye glasses I could really do without the expense of dental treatment, I am also worried in case she says it needs to come out as I will be left with a very visible gap, If it does come out I can always look on the bright side, it will make a nice little space for my cocktail straw when sat in the pool bar, I will just need to remember not to smile with my mouth open !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...