Monday, September 25, 2017

Weekending.

After an up & down week I just wanted some calm. Hubs was working this weekend [ 12 hour shifts, fri,sat & sun] so no plans were on the radar.

 I decided Saturday was going to be a no plan day, as in don't plan on doing anything. It was great. No 2 son went out for the afternoon and no 1 son did his own thing, at one point I was actually home alone! now that doesn't occur often.

 The hound was yet again in a non walking mood, which didn't help my mood as I really wanted to take him for a walk. I love this time of year especially in  the woods.But hey, you cant make him do anything he doesn't want, hes just too big!

After all this playing with yarn this week trying to sort my colours for the westknits mkal, I had the urge to dye some yarn. I had one blank skein left so out came the pots and the dyes.


Now I am still a novice when it comes to dyeing yarn, so had a quick look on youtube, was after a variegated brown/blue yarn, something to wear with my denim pinafores & dresses,[ am wanting to knit a cowl]

It dint look too bad in the pot but by the time it had cooled down to room temperature it was lurking a bit murky in the pot. 

A good washing and drying and this appeared


It wasn't what I was expecting, but do you know what, I think I love it, it is a bit murkey but against the denim I think it works


seeing the colours I am tempted to do another hitch hiker shawl, I think it will show up the colour pops , and its a quick little tv knit.

The rest of the day was just pottering around, I knit more on the partronus and am now about 10 rows until cast off, which is great as the west knits mkal starts Friday and I really want to get the swatching done [ yes i do swatch sometimes, especially when Stephen suggests it], but still haven't chosen colours !

Sunday was a day to get stuff done, trouble when you work all week and only get 2 days off. Laundry processing started first thing, then it was drop no 1 to work and hit the shops [ grocery shopping]. Food shop done, all nicely stocked up and I bought my 1st Christmas items !! 

I decided to make my own advent calendars for the boys this year, even hubs is going to get one,[ I treated my self to a yarn advent calendar], cant say much on here as no 2 occasionally pops in to see what I am writing about [ and to check I'm not moaning about him]. I have even set up my Christmas lists [ sad, but I like lists] in my diary. Christmas has now begun! I love the build up to Christmas far more than the actual event.

The rest of the day consisted of ironing, cooking the roast and helping no 2 make a chocolate fudge cake.


we haven't baked a cake together for a while so that was nice. [ i may have sneaked a slice]
I didn't manage to knit, was not in the mood, I didn't even get to start reading my new book


I will admit to buying this because I liked the cover !

And now it's Monday morning. I am off out again [ work not play], this time to the Malvern Hills , my lovely colleague is picking me up shortly. This is another service that I have not been to before so it should be interesting, its also a different type of review so I shall be learning lots. Keeps the old brains cells ticking over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...