Monday, September 11, 2017

Weekending.

Had a lovely day Saturday, no 2 son and I headed down to Town on the double decker park and ride Bus !

1st Day of college is on Monday and we needed to sort a bus pass, big fail, you don't need to go to the bus station to get one, he can buy on the bus but needs his student ID to get the student card. I was a bit worried as he needs to get 2 buses and they are different bus companies but apparently it's fine.

Then he needed to get a new coat for college, something warm and with a hood to keep the rain off. I really didn't want to spend loads of cash on a college coat so we headed to Primark. Luckily my son is no snob and whilst he would prefer to look like lord of the manor he is realistic and actually does not like designer stuff, especially if it has logo's etc on. I sent him off on his own whilst I mooched about the home section and he came back with a reasonable looking jacket for £15 !! how is that possible?


Its pretty warm and looks like a good coat, I dread to think of the conditions of the workers who had to make it as this price, I just hope they were paid a fair wage and worked in good conditions. I really struggle with buying 'cheap' clothes, but needs must, for £55 I bought the coat and a sweatshirt for no 2 son, a sweatshirt and new PJ's for no 1 son and 2 sets of lights for me ! 

After our foray into Primark, always a nightmare, as its so busy, sustenance was in order, no 2 choose to go to burger king where I had a BLACK COFFEE, yep stuck to the diet, even though the chips were calling me. Whilst sat by the window we heard a bit of a commotion and looked up to see an anti-austerity protest march going through the centre. I had absolutely no idea this was occurring and it was reported to be the towns largest rally ever. It bought the traffic to a standstill, I have to be honest it was big !

So as there was little chance of getting a bus that was moving we headed to The Works, I do love that shop, [stationary and book obsession]. What joy, found quite a few goodies


[the 2 sets of lights from Primarni are added too]

New calendars for next year, the unicorn one is for my little pink den. 2 new sets of pens, as I am not eating I will need to take my mind off of food, good excuse? and 2 fab books



I am really bored of cooking the same old thing so look out for books which catch my eye, as this could potentially be a future diet friendly book [ 5:2 diet] I thought it worth £5. The author actually has a small cafe in the city so supporting local too. The food is probably more suited to hubs and I, although the boys are getting more adventurous. The recipes are divided into fast meals or feast meals, the fast meals also have the calorie content so that you can manage your 5:2 diet fast days. There are lots of things in there I fancy. This sounds odd but not eating is making me excited to think and plan what to eat when I start eating again !

The 2nd Book, Happy, was an impulse buy, I love the cover, and am always pulled by books about mindfulness and hygge etc. and as this book is about being happy I thought, ' lets give this a go whilst starving yourself'' [dieting].  Flipping through it when I got home, I actually really like it, there are workbook type exercises to do to promote positivity and creativeness alongside reflections on her own mental health, experiences and how she manages her positive mind set. Think I am going to enjoy it.

Saturday was the second day on this shake diet, I have to be honest, by early evening I was hungry...but I persevered, I felt tired , had a headache and just blah by the time I went to bed. I had a restless night and my stomach was playing its own orchestra for most of the night, but by the time I woke up on Sunday I more like me.

Sunday I had a sneaky lie reading my ' Happy' book with a lovely pint of water!, I felt fine, actually I felt good. Quite energised.
Sunday was spent doing the food shop, which was a whole lot cheaper as I am not eating ! just bought the basic's for the rest of the family, dropped no 1 son to work, chucked a beef stew in the slow cooker for them, did the ironing and walked the dog , all before 3pm !
Then it was a catch up on the TV with my sweater knitting, even the hound joined me for a leisurely Sunday afternoon !

The weekend went pretty well, I was worried about dieting over the weekend, far too many temptations, but strangely I don't feel like eating, I do miss having something savoury as these shakes are a bit sweet for continual use , and really would like having something solid to snack on, hopefully my next delivery will arrive with soups and cereal bars ! I'm not quite sure how long I will stick with the total replacement diet, will see how it goes. But will stay on a ketogenic diet after to see how that works ! were talking a 7 stone loss needed here to get me into a ' healthy' range.I'm more thinking along the lines of a size 14-16, whatever weight that means. I have never been less that a UK size 14 in my whole adult life so think it's pretty realistic to think I would be a 10-12 in my 50's, I also want to keep my skin reasonably filled !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...