Saturday, September 16, 2017

Weekly round up.

Monday, what can I say. You threw a lot of weather at me, sunshine and showers, wind and gales and torrential downpours.I cant moan looking at the awful hurricanes around the world. But blimey mother nature, make your mind up. One good thing is that with this lovely Autumnal feel I went to work wearing  my boots and a hand knitted shawlette, Joy. I do love a good pair of boots and there's nothing better than being able to wear your knits. 

Monday was an out of office day, got to drive down to Burnham , so had glorious views and amazing skies, I love clouds [ sad] especially the contrast between the dark grey and blue, when there is an impending storm. .I will admit I do take photos of clouds !  We back onto open fields so we do get a bit of a whipping in windy times. There was evidence this morning of the wind having played in the garden !

 I won a prize !! whoop whoop , me ! I won a prize. The lovely Jo over at Through the keyhole, was having a seventh anniversary giveaway, here's a look at what I won,[ pic from Jo's blog]


How lovely, and no, I have not eaten any of the chocolate, the teacakes disappeared as I turned my back.. Teenage boy syndrome !

The rest of the week was mainly spent at work, I did have another trip out to Burnham which broke the week up, but glad to say by the end of the week I think I cracked the backlog of report writing.5 months into this new job and I am still learning !

Knit wise, totally cocked up the rib on my Lundy sweater, I read 2 inches of garter stitch, which is what I did, sadly I forgot I was working in the round, so didn't alternate rounds as pattern directed, ended up with curly rib, then when I tried it on it was a bit too short for comfort, I think it may be a tad big, think my gauge is off. So I am currently unpicking it which is taking hours, the bottom of the sweater has short rows to give it a shaped hem, I have ordered another skein of the yarn as not sure I am going to have enough make it longer. At least its keeping me busy in the evenings and stopping me eating.

So now the weekend looms, hubs wants to nip over to Abergavenny to a food festival !! what, torture....[ weather dependent] and I also have a previous date this morning, for breakfast ! with some of my old work colleagues,  I shall be taking a 'bar' and having a pot of tea!

I shall leave you with a pic of my new pin badge, I have a little denim jacket that I love and haven't been able to fit into for ages, now its looking likely that I will be able to start wearing again I wanted a cople of little pin badges, I know I'm in my 50's but why the heck not !


It may well just end up on a project bag !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...