Sunday, December 30, 2018

New year thoughts.

What a lovely Christmas that was. Time spent with family and friends, no rushing about, just relaxed and peaceful. Just the way I like it.

We didn't really 'do' much Christmassy stuff, the boys are adults now and do their own thing, I think it was the first Christmas where I didn't have any Christmas activities booked. The only thing I was missing was some long walks with the hound. Its our first Christmas in about 16 years that we didn't have a dog. I really miss having a hound around but our lives have changed and we are home less so its not fair to have a dog and then leave it on its own for hours whilst we work. There are 2 hounds on the distant  horizon, ( we both know the next hounds we want !) but the times not right, hubs and I are happy to wait.

As the year draws to an end I am excited to see what 2019 will bring, it promises good things and changes are ahead. 2018 felt like a waiting period, I drifted through the year, went off course in many respects and lost myself for a while. But I have pulled myself back in and am setting a course through the coming year. 2019 is set to be a big year, each step will be revealed as each hurdle is jumped, sorry to be secretive but there are lots of things that need to align and I need to keep myself in the moment or I will drift another year away.  The first change for the new year will put into action tomorrow, seems fitting that its new years eve ! 

I'll leave you with probably one of the best friend gifts I have ever received



Meet Harriet the hare.

My friend does mosaics as a hobby! , how blooming fab is this?  Pictures don't do it justice.
I absolutely love it..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...