Saturday, January 12, 2019

And relax.

I'm not sure what's been happening this week but I have really struggled to get through to the weekend. I have had no get up and go at all. I have driven to work every day and paid for parking and I've bought lunch at work every day, very lazy and not frugal at all. I've been office bound all week and sitting at a desk for 8.5 hrs is not good for the soul, especially when you don't like your job and are counting down the days until you start the new one ! Luckily I am out every day next week for at least half a day so that should help.

But I've made it, phew. Now I have some breathing space to try and get my head sorted out. Hubs and no 1 son are  working today, no 2 son is home but probably wont show his face until this afternoon , so I have a good few hours to my self. I love quiet time, there will be no TV or radio blaring, only the sounds of the house, which today will  mainly be the washing machine ! 

I've hit a bit of a reading block this week, probably as I've not been commuting in, and despite my rules of not buying any more books until I have read what I have, I just couldn't resist this book. I have seen it on Instagram quite a bit and my interest was piqued.


It's A5 sized and really beautiful. I love it.  I am an Instagram addict and love looking at the really creative pictures people can do with  random assortments of colourful bits and bobs.  This book just does it for me. I'm hoping it will crank up my creative processes as they seem to get lost beneath working and home life. I live in a beautiful  city, it is filled with wonderful things including some fantastic graffiti. This coming week I am going to walk in my lunch breaks and make a point of really looking at what's  around me. If you love creative inspirational books with lots of pictures then this is definitely for you. 

Following on from Mondays post, ordering a new spinning wheel, I have managed to re home both of my old wheels. As they were bought pre loved by me, one came  from a junk shop, I decided that I would pass them on as a random act of kindness. No charge  just hoping that they would go to a nice new home. The first wheel is being picked up shortly, the 2nd I need to dismantle and post. So today's job will be unpacking  and assembling my new beautiful wheel so that the old one can then be packed away in the box new heel came in.


I've watched a few YouTube video's and it has an instruction leaflet so am pretty sure that I can do it. As I chose a custom painted wheel, the wheel s blue, but the rest of the wheel is unfinished  wood. My plan is to unbox it all, check all the pieces are there, as per instruction manual, then wax all the wood before assembling. I am actually quite looking forward to this little job. It makes a change from Saturday housework !  Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to do a blog post showing off my new fab wheel !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...