Wednesday, January 23, 2019

WIP Wednesday.

The replacement needles arrived so I've managed to crack on with my Cornwallis sweater. Still loving it and can't wait to wear it. Could have done with an extra sweater yesterday, its was so cold, no snow here though.


Hopefully the sleeves won't take too long, then I've got to sew it up. Dreading that bit much prefer knitting in the round.  But it will be worth the pain of sewing it, I already know this is going to be a favourite sweater and will definitely make more.

This week's fibre project has been the gorgeous kingfisher fibre. I'm really enjoying spinning on my new wheel, managing to do my 15 mins a day spinning , to be honest I could stay on it all night but don't think the family would appreciate it. Her name still hasn't come to me yet but am sure it will! 


The lights a bit dark but the colours are gorgeous, can't  wait to get this plied up and onto the needles. I'm excited to see what it looks like and what weight I have spun, I'm not sure I have spun the singles thin enough to get a 2 ply sock weight and its still thick and thin in places. But it sure is pretty, that gold is stunning.

 Work really does get in the way I could craft all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...