Saturday, January 5, 2019

Daylight!

Blimey, went back to work Wednesday and the week then disappeared. Christmas feels an age away now.

Hubs is away with no 1 son this weekend, and as its now 12th night the decorations need to come down.  I knew I wouldn't be able to manage to get the real tree out, far too big for me to manhandle, so I asked him to get the real tree out  before he left yesterday. This morning I have carried on packing all of Christmas away, including the outside lights ! Boy does it feel good to get the house back to normal.

Then, as we have now been without 'The Hound' for over a year now,( I didn't realise it had been that long !)  I thought it about time to take the plastic coating we had had to put on the windows off. Those that read my old blog may remember our boy max.


He was a rescue dog with many issues, one of them being hating anyone who walked past or moved in front of our house. That also included birds,wind and anything that he didn't actually like. Our dog behaviourist recommended that we put sticky back opaque  plastic on the windows so that he couldn't see out. Well it's been there ever since so today was the day it was coming off. Boy was that satisfying, blooming hard work getting it off though. The windows were duly cleaned and the blinds wiped over, done. Makes it look so much brighter. Trouble is we live in a reasonably busy street so people will be able to look in, I think I may start turning into a nag as the boys, and hubs for that matter, can be mucky little blighters ! I am also interested to see if they spend so long lazing on the sofa now !

Right, as the cleaning bug has now woken up I am going to hit my wardrobe, alternatively known as the Christmas storage unit .It needs a darned good clean out and a thorough sort out of all my clothes.There is all sorts in there and I feel the need to decide what I want to wear and what I don't. Wish me luck I am going in...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...