Saturday, January 19, 2019

Spinning & piers.

Life is ticking along nicely, nothing out of the ordinary, just the way I like it.

 Last Sunday hubs and I managed to get out for a walk, it was blowing a gale and spitting rain, but we braved it. It was a pretty grey day but I love to be out near the coast whatever the weather so I really enjoyed blowing the cobwebs away. We drove down to Portishead and walked around the marina and out around the coast a little way.

We managed to get onto the old pier, Its owned by the council and is usually locked , however the fisherman were out so it was unlocked and they were happy to let us on for a look. We finished our walk with a bacon buttie and a mug of tea from a  little van parked up nearby. Blooming lovely.

After the disaster of my needle breaking I have now received the new ones so am hoping to crack on with that this week. Cornwall trip is edging closer and I really want to wear this sweater ! Mind you I have been a bit waylaid by spinning this week.

Plied the last yarn that was spun on my old Ashford


I am really pleased with it. The new wheel really made a difference to the plying. Its come out on average about a double knit weight. My spinning is still a bit thick and thin so its variable in places.  The colour is glorious , the picture doesn't really do it justice. I think this is going to be a hat. I just need to work out the yardage.

Now that's done I can get on with spinning this little beauty


Kingfisher by Spinjones
I am a little bit addicted to Spin jones fluff! they are so pretty, I could easily buy up her whole shop !
But restraint is needed, I am meant to be on a yarn diet, does this count? its not actually yarn until I have spun it !

Here's the first spinning session, trying to do 15 minutes minimum per day to try and improve my spinning


I spilt the braid straight down the middle, and have been using one half by taking small strips off and spinning it that way. I am hoping to get a 2ply sock weight yarn out of it. I would love to knit a scarf/wrap thingy with this.Pretty pleased with it so far, pretty even and looks to be on track weight wise. This weekend will definitely see this bobbin filling up !

PS/ apologies, still playing around with Blog, cant quite get it right !
any opinions please share.
might go back to basics !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...