Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Green fingers are go !

Back on Saturday we stopped by the garden centre. Just taking a little mooch. seeing what caught our eye and starting to plan for the coming summer.

Hubs did well last year with quite a selection of homegrown veggies, me? well I am not really of the green finger family. I like to sit and admire rather than get my hands dirty. 

But strange things are occurring, I'm getting interested, I'm starting to get an itch for growing ! I know, that's a turn up for the books.

So after a while we decided on our first 2015 purchases for the garden..


Doesn't look like much, but it will give us some tasty treats.

what did we buy?

Timperley early rhubarb- £5.99
Provence wight garlic £2.50
Thornfree loganberry £9.50
Autumn bliss Raspberry £8.40
and 4 little flowers that had been reduced to 60p each. 

Hubs has a plan for the fruit bushes and rhubarb, he knows where they are to be planted, right at the end of the veg patch, the garlic was my choice, never grown garlic before, interested to see how it grows and more importantly tastes.

Then we took a look at the flower/bulb section. I don't have flower beds in the back garden, we have the dark destroyer don't forget ! so its pots all the way, I have never really been that great and hubs is more a veg man. But this year I want colour!! Big blasts of colour, there is no point having pretty little flowers in our garden.

Remember my newly created sun corner from last year?



I have a vision of big colourful pots full of big colourful flowers. Not really having a clue yet, I opted out of buying anything but I took away some ideas






These are the plants that caught my eye, I shall go and consult a book hubs bought for me years ago


and try to formulate some ideas of how to group them and more importantly grow them!

Roll on spring is all I can say....

 and welcome to the new followers, thanks for coming over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...