Sunday, February 15, 2015

Result !

What can I say, I had a great valentines day, not because it was Valentines, but because it was Saturday and got to spend time with hubs. I'm loving this teenage son era, old enough to be left at home for a short while, and if we go out in the mornings they don't even know we have gone as they appear to be nocturnal.

Yesterday morning we decided to go and look at some new to us sofa's, Mad hound has now eaten all cushions on sofa's, and they are looking embarrassingly dead!

We headed off to a newly located 2nd hand dealer, I think hes one of these house clearance chaps, but has a HUGE lock up in a safe store facility. Being of the frugal ilk nothing is bought on credit and is only bought if needed. This month brings a bonus as no Council tax to be paid! , which means an almost free sofa , as that money is already in the bank.

Easily found the place, the ones I had spotted on the Internet were horrendous, uncomfy and not very sturdy looking. 2 teenage sons and a mad hound means they have to be leather, comfy  and STRONG.

Luck was with us, we found almost exactly what we wanted, we were after a 2 seater and a 3 seater, but settled for a 3 seater and 2 fabulously comfy arm chairs. pre loved, but an M&S set all in for £200 plus £15 for delivery. Happy dance !

want to take a peak?



yes, the cushion is the wrong way round, but its all in good shape.
It is sooooo comfy  and very strong. I'm hoping the hounds teeth and claws stay away from these. I think heavy throws will be in order.

As we were enjoying our solo time we decided to head into the garden centre next door. Its one of the independent ones, right on the river, the sort you forget is there. We poddled around and bought some plants for the coming growing year, [I'll do a different blog post for that], and enjoyed a different view








The tide was out so it looked a bit muddy, but it was a great view, only had my mobile to click with, so will need to go back on foot [ or cycle] with camera, there are some interesting buildings along the way.

We had spent almost 2 hours mooching about so sustenance was in order, the garden centre has a great little cafe so hubs treated me to a warming drink and a naughty slice of cake


Loved my little date with hubs!

Back home and the afternoon was spent trying to sort out the mess with Google and the blog! took me hours..I just cannot work out how to remove my blogs from his account without loosing them, so here we are on another blog instead attached to MY gmail! hey ho..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...