Saturday, August 22, 2015

First week gone :(

Well that's my first weeks leave done.Its been a busy week

Tuesday was a day of food ! hubs Birthday and he wanted to start the day with a late brunch, 
a trip into the centre on the train to find somewhere serving a full English at midday, managed to find a weatherspoons who could give hubs his birthday breakfast!


after filling our bellies we poddled about then headed home for a quiet afternoon in the garden, the sun was still shining !

Dinner that evening was a surprise family meal for hubs down on the riverfront in Town, the boys managed to keep the venue secret and hubs had no idea right until the last minute where we were going! it was a real treat trying somewhere new, we had a fab table outside on the deck and sat and ate whilst watching the sunset



it was over all too quick so we headed back to the centre to pick up a taxi


stopping to admire the murals


Wednesday no 1 son was at work, we decided to go early to pick him up so we could have a walk around the zoo, we spent a few hours checking out the new Elephant Eden and all the other animals, my favourite as always was the meerkats, I could watch them for hours


Thursday was juniors day out with his best friend ,who only had a 2 day window between his holidays! they decided to go to the cinema, I dropped them off then rather than drive all the way home and come back again, I chose to go to the shopping mall, I needed to get a couple of new work tops and a pair of black trousers. Grr what a waste of time, I remember why I don't go there to shop, absolutely nothing suited to larger ladies, very limited choice and ended up making me depressed.. Add that to a photo no 2 son took of me and hubs on his bday and  fat trauma came flooding back, not pretty.

Friday I went to meet a work colleague for a coffee, we chose ASDA as it was conveniently situated in between us, after a coffee and catch we mooched the store, low and behold 1 pair of work trousers and 2 tops for £14, stress free and cheap as chips, should have gone there the day before.

And here we are back to Saturday again, today is packing day, we are due to go off camping in Barry Bongo tomorrow, heading over to The Gower, but the forecast is not good, gutted, if it were just hubs and I it wouldn't matter, but junior is not going to be impressed if it rains the whole time !
Fingers crossed its not as bad as it looks..

All in all its not been a bad week, not enough walking or beaches for my liking but a little city break staycation, and I still have 11 days of my holiday left. Bliss.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...