Friday, August 28, 2015

Walking......

We dithered about yesterday, not knowing quite what to do.
No 1 son still has a lingering cough/cold about him and wasn't up for much of anything,  no 2 son was happy to do what ever. Barry Bongo still needed post holiday sorting and the awning needed a blow out. So after Barry was sorted and awning put up to air we decided to take the hound up on his offer of taking him to the beach for a walk, he hadn't been for a few days!

The tide was in when we arrived so we went the other way rather than down onto the beach itself , it was a tad blowy but still able to walk with just our t-shirts on. The hound wasn't happy as he had to stay on his lead on the paths but we had a lovely walk along the front right under the bridge that had earlier in the week taken us to Wales.







 As part of my 'lets try and shed the bulk', I downloaded a pedometer on my phone, current guidelines are 10,000 steps pr day, I know for a fact I don't get anywhere near that, especially on office days, so was interested to see what our regular dog walks count as, [ he gets 2 walks a day of vary lengths] so that I can try and get somewhere near enough steps just by walking the hound, it will be good for him too! 


 The screen shot at the end of the walk, 45 mins and 4,600 steps, not bad, almost half of my daily goal, it wasn't a fast paced walk as hound likes to sniff, we also detoured off the path so he could have a run off lead, but generally pretty pleased with that, am going to use the pedometer on my phone to get a rough estimate of all our walks so that I can factor those steps in. It looks like a good winning combination, hound and I have a lovely daily walk, it's free, healthy and hopefully will help shrink the bulk.

Today were still on 'holiday', its our anniversary, but as our plans changed, we were still meant to be in wales, not quite sure what we are going to do, the sun is out so maybe a drive down to a 'real' beach with the hound, or a walk without the hound around the harbourside and grabbing some tapas? who knows, sometimes its good not to have plans, I am getting better at this whole spontaneous thing, I haven't wrote a list or made concrete plans for almost 2 weeks now, wow....shame I have to go back to work next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...