Monday, August 17, 2015

Weekending.


what a lovely sunny weekend we had.

Saturday was BBQ day, so off we set to waitrose ! yep I know, no frugality here, its hubs favourite shop, we only frequent it on very special occasions, and a 50th is a special occasion !

We had bought a BBQ meat pack from our local butchers, so only needed salads/breads/prosecco  etc
Just about to walk in the door of the store and what do I spot? a crocosmia, just had to buy it, [hubs bought me the buddleia last week]  need to plant them both down in our developing ' corner', that's still a work in progress. separate blog to follow on that one.Stupidly didn't think it through when I spotted it though, grabbed it and popped it in trolley, then proceeded to walk around waitrose with a huge plant at the front of the trolley. Duh....

Anyway, after out little trip to waitrose it was home to prepare, hubs got his new toy out


and cranked up the BBQ.

Guests arrived from about 4.30 and didn't leave till way after midnight, it was a cracking night,


 add that to a late curry night on Friday and yesterday we were both knackered!
Picked up the hound from the kennel, he had gone in overnight as he wouldn't have coped with so many people in 'his' garden, took him to the beach for a run, then home and relaxed for the rest of the day.
A day of doing nothing, how fab, no guilt over not getting housework/ironing done as I'm on leave....  such a nice feeling. 

Today I'm off out to get the last few bits for hubs big Bday, which is officially tomorrow, then it will be a bit of pottering about , wrapping up and sorting..I do like being on leave....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...