Monday, December 28, 2015

Hatastrophy!.

Pulled the sewing machine out yesterday, have had an urge for a while to have a go at making a hat!
I love the baker boy style hats, so as there was a free pattern in my last sewing magazine, thought Id give it a shot!

I previously bought a lucky dip of 6 Harris tweed squares with just this in mind.
So after reading the instructions, cutting the fabric, giving it a  quick size check I was ready for the off!

Pretty simple construction, a bit fiddly, but easy enough to grasp the set up. managed the lining , quite impressed with that, I even got the peak done first attempt. But even though it was impressive getting a hat completed it certainly didn't look good, 1970's bay city rollers sprang to mind, a little too bright, the peak was far too big, and the sizing didn't suit my head. This won't even cut it as a dog walking hat. Looking on the bright side I enjoyed making it, now know how to make a hat, and can fiddle with the sizing, fabrics and shape. Failing that I will just buy one.

So here, without further ado is my 
Hatastrophy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...