Sunday, December 27, 2015

Olives !.

The males are all out to watch the rugby, just me and the hound this afternoon.

I rustled up some leftover sprout and chestnut soup, which was delicious! I happen to love sprouts and chestnuts, no one else in the house is likely to eat it, but it will also do for my office lunch on tuesday when I have to go to work :(, [Im trying to have a left over food menu before we head off south ] and  as I was stood by the kitchen window I happened to look at my olive tree, I couldn't quite believe my eyes when I saw this 


Its absolutely full of olives! pretty sure that's not meant to happen in December.
We have had a few little bud type olives but none ever this big, towards the top they are actual olive sized!
They still look inedible but wow ! I should have put the lights back in the tree for Christmas.

The weather here is still warm and is very wet, its in a protected corner by the green house, so sheltered from the wind, its gone a bit wild to be honest, its growing fast . Come the spring, whenever that may be, I am going to have to give it a good pruning.In the interim I am going to do a bit of research to see if UK grown olives are edible.

Does anyone out there have an olive tree? do you harvest the fruits?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...