Saturday, December 5, 2015

Phew...

I made it to the weekend.

I would like to say a big thanks to those that left messages it really does help, I am a bit of a closed book and generally don't 'talk' about how I am feeling. I am feeling a bit better, I have tried to eat reasonably well, although off the SW plan, have walked the hound even if only for half an hour.Don't fret he does have more exercise than that. 

I need to rethink the lead/harness/collar combo for him as I am pretty sure its his pulling,[I don't let him off lead unless with hubs,] that is doing my shoulders/neck in. Last night we were walking back up the lane and he spotted something, I normally have fox / cat radar on as I know what's going to come. But whatever he saw was in the undergrowth, so wham, off he went pulling be behind! Hes got one of those long retractable leads so he can have a bit of a jump around when walking in the filed with me, so a run at a cat/fox/whatever gets a bit of a steam on..

I have tried to sleep in different positions and have been using my wrist splint when my wrists are aching or the pins and needles is playing up. I have been limiting my thumb/phone useage. and have an easy knit project on the go, I have to knit/crochet as its my personal yoga! 

I have limited using my kindle app on my phone, making sure I have my kindle so have bigger screen, reducing headaches, and will book an eye test in the new year, cant afford new glasses yet, they are varifocals so a little bit costly, was thinking of going back to Bifocals. 

I am aware that I need to fit in more exercise, I quite fancy swimming and still have an urge to go back and use the weights in the gym. But am conscious of putting too many plans on myself, I will go do the join up at the local sports centre and then go when I want rather than try to plan everything in.Maybe I could talk the boys into coming swimming they certainly wouldn't want to use the gym!

Work wise have hit the wall, so got up this am and brainstormed absolutely everything I need to do before christmas kicks in and have made a plan. I will speak to boss lady on monday as anyone who works in the NHS will know that everything is timescaled so need to make sure I can bring it all in on time.

Had some insight into how the boys see me at the moment, tired and grouchy!! need to bring some fun back into our family time, and also remind them how their actions impact on my mood and well being... They are currently nocturnal so we get disturbed sleep quite often!

I found some craft mojo so that's made me feel miles better, its amazing how a simple quick completed job brings a smile to my face. I have been reading loads of cheesy kindle christmas novels and have done the annual 'move the furniture so you can fit a christmas tree in' task. Yet to get tree but its done and the boys are starting to get excited. I maybe starting to feel christmassy too, looking forward to putting the twinkling lights up! 

Tonight we are off out with friends and are meeting friends for lunch tomorrow
the christmas get togethers have started.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...