Monday, January 2, 2023

2023g in 2023

I have a huge yarn stash , its actually quite shameful. I don't think I would need to buy yarn for many years if I really thought about it and 'shopped'  from my own collection. It's also a waste as my tastes change and what I once thought was beautiful now just sits unloved in a storage box. 

Whilst perusing Instagram I came across a 2023g challenge. Prompting you to aim towards knitting or using up 2023g of yarn across the year. I think that equates to about 20 100g skeins of  yarn. Easy. I  have way more than that in storage.

I am not wanting to cast on any new projects yet as I have a couple of WIPS that I need to finish, so what the challenge suggests you do is weigh your WIP and then subtract that weight from the finished project. You then have the amount you have actually knit from your stash.

So that's how I am going to start the year. Knit up what I have got on the needles then go ' shop' from my stash and cast on a new project. I think my first cast on of 2023 may well be a Christmas sweater for next year!


Photo from project page on ravelry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...