Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Book 1 of 2023 and week 2 of a Winter of books and yarn.



The prompt for a book in week 2of a Winter of books and yarn was a feel good book.

Hopefully this will be an uplifting palette cleanser to start my reading off in 2023. The past year I read 39 books, this year Id like to see if I can hit 40 books. As with my yarn I have a large stash of books to read and really shouldn't buy more, but in reality I know that's not going to happen as I just love books! Maybe I should aim for a 2 books read and gone and 1 in? that would reduce my pile but also let me gently feed my book habit.

My yarn project is my Twixtmas Cowl. This is where I left it off


Currently knit 55g and started with 200g.

I've used a bigger needle as didn't want a dense knit around my neck. I was also knitting with Covid brain and despite it being an easy 4 row repeat  kept forgetting it. But it's for me so I am not really bothered by any mistakes. Its a really pleasant TV knit and I love the colours. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the colours. Do you need circular needles to knit the cowl? Or can it be done on the usual 5mm knitting needles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a circular, you could knit flat on straights then seam, which would be easy enough.

      Delete

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...