Monday, January 9, 2023

Week 3 of a winter of books and yarn.

I had a lovely slow weekend. I managed 2 social engagements over the weekend but blooming post covid fatigue is still a problem, seriously need to nap after I have done anything. But it was a nice weekend and this week feels like the new year good and proper. 

It's week 3 of a winter of books and yarn and I am managing to keep up. I did struggle to keep focussed on last weeks book but am hopeful the covid brain fog is easing so this week should be better. I pulled a lovely chic lit type book which shouldn't be too taxing from the bookshelf and decided to cast on another Twixtmas cowl. 

As part of the 2023g challenge I pulled some handspun from my stash and some mohair silk and am knitting them together. I love the handspun, its a bit uneven but the colours are glorious, it should be a subtle fade. 


I think I may be getting addicted to small  projects, I've seen some gorgeous gold handspun in my stash box and am itching to cast that on, maybe next week, and maybe a hat? Though I really should be finishing up the last sleeve on my sweater. Oh well, what will knit will knit. 

2 comments:

  1. I've only knit with hand spun once but it made a beautiful cowl and was toasty warm. I love the colour you're using, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, I have some lovely handspun skeins so my goal is to try and find some patterns to knit with them.

      Delete

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...