Friday, January 6, 2023

A Firecracker Twixtmas Cowl.

 The first finished item of 2023! The lovely Twixtmas cowl. This is such an easy project and I really like how it fits. I used a larger needle as my yarn was quite dense and wanted it to drape slightly, not be rigid. It knit up really quick and I might have to cast on another. If you want an easy TV knit this is the one, a very simple  4 row pattern repeat.



 The yarn is a great colour, not captured well here. It is a DK weight yarn in  'Firecracker' colourway from Folkestone Harbour Yarn. I used 149g's in total towards my 2023g challenge.

2 comments:

  1. I've had to give up on making the Twixtmas Cowl. Stupidly, I had bought the yarn - 100gm balls of double knitting in 2 colourways, intending to knit 2 cowls - but then I read the pattern . . .
    I've never used a circular needle and have no idea how to use one; also on reading the pattern there were abbreviations that I didn't understand. Failed at the first hurdle. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it would be easy to do on a straight, dont join in the round, you could seam it up after, am happy to explain abbreviations,

      Delete

Cruising the Norwegian Fjords.

To celebrate reaching 60 I decided to tick off one of the bucket list holidays. I am very grateful I have a good job which pays well enough ...