Wednesday, January 4, 2023

The Wednesday Sweater.

 I have resisted the urge to start new projects remaining focused on trying to get some finished!

This week's project choice is my beautiful Wednesday sweater.


I love everything about it. Though its probably going to be too hot to wear unless we get an artic blast!

The pattern is the Wednesday Sweater by Petiteknit. It's a joy to knit and I particularly like the half twisted rib cuffs.

I used Drops Alaska held double with Sysleriget silk mohair in 'Unicorn Party' colourway! The combination is glorious. The Syslerigret was a treat but I would definitley buy it again. This is  going to be a favourite sweater.

For my 2023g challenge I think I'll just weight the balls for weight that I knit rather than the sweater for weight as its huge. I am hoping I can get the 2nd sleeve done this week then it will be ready to wear when we get some old weather. 

4 comments:

  1. Well, I've seen a forecast for another 'Beast from the East' with lots of snow and icy weather, so I reckon your lovely sweater will be a very useful garment to have.
    Thank you for answering my query about circular needles on a previous post.
    - Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Ill have to make sure its all finished in time for the Beast! :0

      Delete
  2. It will keep you lovely and warm, that's for sure, and it's such a pretty colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, its subtle but with little pops of colour. I love it

      Delete

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...