Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Dodging the rain and enjoying down time.

My first Wednesday off is going well.  After a bit of a lie in, I got up  grabbed a cuppa and read some of my book. I decided to cook myself a little breakfast, hubby didn't want any but no 1 son jumped at the offer, no 2 son was still asleep! Just a simple scrambled egg on toast but it was so nice to share a breakfast with him. No 2 son, either has a very early start or a later start so its rare we are having breakfast at the same time. 

Then hubby wanted to take Stan the van out for a run as he's been sitting silently in the garden since our last trip away. The forecast didn't look great so we filled a flask and decided to head out to Weston-Super-Mare. Not to far from home but would give Stan the run he needed.


It was blowing a gale and blooming freezing, but we managed a short walk on the beach with Rosie dog before the heavens opened. Then it was back to Stan for a nice warm cuppa.


There is something rather nice about winter days at the beach. Wild and empty but refreshing. 

Home to read some more book


and get the spinning wheel out, I cant remember when I last spun some yarn



2 x50g batts pulled from stash. Not sure what it is but the colours seemed apt for today. Spun each batt separately and will then ply. Not sure what will happen to it, probably end up back in the box with spun yarns...

Now I am off to grab a coffee and spend some time with hubby planning our trip later in the year. We are going to do the Scottish 500 so want to start planning the route and book some overnight stops for Stan the Van.

I think I am going to will like these midweek days off.

1 comment:

  1. Your first Wednesday off sounds great, I agree winter days on the beach with your dog are very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...