Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Dreaming of the sea.

Fed up with the blurghs, last night was all about getting some calm. I missed the gym, [late and needing to breathe[]I came home to some gorgeous beef stew in the slow cooker, yum, what a lovely hubby I have. One less job for me to do.

I gave the SIL a ring to check on BIL, luckily the surgery to remove 4 of his toes was successful and the ulcer has been removed.[ diabetes] They have managed to save his big toe, and although its a life changing event he is so lucky he didn't lose more. Hes currently being treated for septicaemia but were hoping he will be home by the weekend. phew....

Feeling more settled I really needed to knit and what better way than to knit my sea breeze. Easy peasy knitting, a never ending scarf, soothing shades of the sea, I knit and dreamed [of the sea] and breathed.


I cast off at the end of the blue and recast on for the green length, the idea being I can wear one or the other or both at the same time. There was a sense of satisfaction that one has been completed, something finished. The end is in site.

Hubs and I discussed our simple life plan this week, events made us really think about our life, we both work full time, it rules our life, we contemplated downsizing now, but we would have to stay in our city for the boys, this would mean our Cornish dream would be even more difficult to achieve.We have 4 years left, we will move forward , continue with our plan, and keep that Cornish sea in mind. We count our blessings that we all have our health.

For those that caught my deleted post, we are still waiting news on our friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...