Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sorting Saturday.

Busy? phew that's an understatement, Yesterday was 1 busy day.I am so glad I came back on Friday and had the weekend to spend sorting!

First up was the obligatory photo blog post from my little mini break, I hope you all enjoyed your walk in Cornwall with me! 

Then it was up and out to do a food shop. First up checked what was in the freezer for main meals, quite a good haul, found a lamb joint for today, chicken breasts, pork steaks and mince meat, hubs will sort out what to cook with them he's on earlies, a quick scout round and had the shopping list ready, off to Aldi to grab the goods.

Packed lunch containers I hear you ask, yep... they were pretty colours so I just had to buy them ! seriously though, these were just the trick for taking packed lunches to work, I admit I often pop out to buy a meal deal or sneak to M&S for lunch if I'm in the office, not good for my weight or bank balance.


1 for me and 1 for hubs, just the thing for salads etc, the size is just perfect for me as I can squeeze it into my laptop bag or work bag dependent where I am that day, its meant to keep it at temp for 3 hours and the casing insures that no spillages on my work gear..these were £5.99 each, pretty reasonable as a basic meal deal in Tesco is £3.00, 2 days and I have covered the cost.Even though I got hubs a blue I think he thinks its still a bit girly!


They also had these soup mugs, I already have 1, its a bit old now, but they are fab, fill up with home made soup and take to the office and zap in the microwave, tasty,especially on these cold wintery days.The pack of 2 cost £ 6.99 I have seen singles for sale at Asda for £3.99 so a slight saving.I did make sure I got a pack with a blue one in for hubby, as you can see I am a pink girl ! Whilst I spent almost £19 on these it will mean I can organise my lunches ,be healthy and save some money, ditto for hubs.

There was a lot of food cupboard stocking up to do and no doubt the fridge will be empty by tomorrow but we have food for the week, and given we have 10 days till payday there's still cash in the bank!

I popped into pick up my prescription, dropped by my dads to give him his Cornish pasties and filled up with fuel, ready for work tomorrow.

Morning now gone, hubs had picked up hound and visited his dad, all that was left was to pack Christmas away, I love to get my house back in January. After removing all signs of Christmas we had a debate on whether to bring the dresser back in, 


The decision was no, its beautiful but big, as we are currently saving to buy some new to us sofa's, the hound is not yet ready for brand new sofa's, and there's just not enough space, so it was left in the office where it had been dumped. Unfortunately the office needed jigging about to accommodate it, that room is even smaller, but only has 2 book cases and a wall to wall desk housing the 2 PC's. which led to a major bookcase cleaning frenzy, the idea was to take all none books off the shelves and house in dresser, only managed 1 bookcase yesterday, 1 more to go to day.did find 3 yellow pages and 2 Thomson local directories and a screw fix catologue which have been binned, could only bear to part with 3 books so far,they are ready for charity shop, am hoping I can find some more from bookcase number 2.

4pm and I was blooming knackered, enough, hubs made a massive pot of veg soup, loads of old veggies needed using up, and made onion crisps for a soup topper yummy, just the thing after the rich foods of the festive season, the evening was then spent knitting and watching movies.

All in all a productive day.Wonder what today will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...