Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Prioritising...

Blimey, I think I'm too old for all these extra curricular activities..

This week saw me go to Bracknell for work on Monday, home to sort boys & hound, head off to gym, then ended up report writing until 10pm, Tuesday I was in the office at 7am and didn't get home till gone 6, what with motorway closures and having to pick up no 1 son from work placement, was so tired couldn't face the gym, did laundry instead !

Today I just had to stop, dropped no 2 son at school, no stressing about trying to get in early, got stuck in more traffic, roadworks this time, spent the day calmly, catching up with bits and bobs and more report writing, you'd never think I was a nurse! left work at 3 to go get no 2 son from school, spent the rest of my working day at home, reading and making notes for next report I have to write, cooked tea, did budgets, did shopping list, more laundry, and that's stopping !



Seems to me there's something amiss here, is everyone's life like this? or is it just because I'm over the hill at 50? I am 51 next month! 

 I'm going to have to start setting myself an alarm so that I just go and sit down and read/knit/crochet for at least an hour every night, and spend some time doing something with the boys! Reclaiming the weekend has taken a back seat  think I scared it off!

I shall take my trusty Filofax and start another list ! prioritise what I need to do, when to do it with a dash of fun thrown in for measure.

PS: And I'm really grumpy that we didn't have any snow here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...