Thursday, January 15, 2015

Planning.

The trusty old Filofax came out last night. Next weeks planner was the target.

The starting point was laying out my non negotiables. Things I have to do or take boys to, life has to fit around that. Work is not counted, I have a separate work diary for that, but general office hours are 9-5. I note what shift pattern hubs is on, so I make sure any work appointments I make are not too early or late, given I have to drive to them and city traffic is a night mare, so I can do the required lift shares for school runs.


I choose this style planner as it has the note page to the side. This is for things that I would like to do, and things I need to buy for me, not the house, again I have a seperate list for that in the kitchen.

This week I have tried not to place to many expectations on myself, 3 nights at the gym would be a result, last week I only managed 2 and this week looks like it will only be 2. But I did jump in and sign up before I thought too hard and didn't do it, which means things that had already been planned still needed to happen.

The spending column is for me to keep track of how much petrol I am buying, and to think about those buys that I dont think about, magazines, cold drinks, meal deals etc.This is my own personal allowance, not the house allowance, seperate account book for that. I'm interested to see how much I spend versus how much mileage I get paid.

On the face of it it doesn't look too bad, housework will get picked up as and when, I will try and do a bit here and there to insure that I don't spend all weekend doing it. Hubs has been out today and stocked up the food/household supplies, so should only be a small shop next week, hopefully I can manage that en-route home one night, unless hubs kindly does it again. Saturday afternoon archery is being done next week by his friends dad, we turn take, I'm on rota for this Saturday.

The poor hound is still on leg rest for at least another 2 weeks, which means only short lead walks, no need to factor that in,hubs will be on earlies so will help with hound walking. Did I tell you the vet recommended a collar of shame, interesting, he certainly doesn't know max well, the examination should have given him an inkling that this dog is non complaint! alongside the fact we had just got him to sign the claim form for the behaviourist who's working with him, that he recommended last time he had to visit the vet!

On non gym nights mum/taxi driver/cook/ agony aunt will switch off and go sit down and relax at 8pm, that gives me 2 hours of me time, before I start the pre bed tidy up, my hound is messier than a 2 year old! I think I need to declutter his toy box..

This will be a suck it and see plan, I may well end up just chucking it out of the window, I have control freak tendencies which can be the ruin of me, 

Now all I need to do is work on my work diary, that unfortunately I cant share with you, data protection and all that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...