Saturday, January 17, 2015

Goodbye 2014 and Decembers review.

A belated December round up.



December was a month with no list of goals, a month to try to kick back and relax a little, I have control freak tendencies that I'm trying to let go of. The month started with a sour note, office politics kicked off and for one I voiced my opinion. Some tense day's followed but it was soon sorted. 

Junior and I did some baking of snacks and hubs got all the Christmas pickles done, Christmas cake was made, which has only just been eaten, and Christmas was all sorted on budget with days to spare.

My new eye wear arrived, bolder styles for me, quite liking them and have a urge to get some more in different colours/styles

Some winter cleaning was done and another huge amount sent to the charity store, I am really enjoying downsizing our crap!

We had a visit from our Cornish friend who came bearing gifts, a lovely evening was had.

The dog behaviourist came to see Max and get us a plan going, seems to be working well, need to get going with the vet training though, he really does hate the vet, all snarling lips and petrified shaking.

Christmas came around and last minute changes meant we had Christmas day to ourselves, just the 4 of us, first time in 15 years. It was really strange, we walked the dog, stopped in the pub, visited a friend and had friends round in the evening, it was weird, the boys really missed having their grandmother with them and thoughts obviously drifted, It seems this is the time that our life is starting to change, older boys, no excitement about Santa coming, quite sad really. Next year will be grown up Christmas, not quite sure how I feel about that, I will need to plan some Christmas treats.

The anniversary of my mothers death was spent trying out my new camera whilst walking the hound, a lovely but cold day, just the thing to blow the cobwebs away. 

And then we ended the year heading off to Cornwall, Goodbye 2014.

2014 



January, a month of winter walks
February, I hit 50
March, A walk to Glastonbury Tor
April, no 1 son turns 16
May, Decorating bgeins
June, No 1 sons prom
July, A trip to london
August, Summer in Cornwall
September, no 2 sons Birthday treat
October, A new care for me,
November, Autumn walks a plenty
December, a new style of Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...