Thursday, January 22, 2015

Planning for Edinburgh.

If we are headed off for a city break  we always like to have a rough itinerary.This means that we can use our time well and budget for entrance fees etc.

Our Holiday starts on the Saturday, hubs has decided to drive up, so has booked a mystery night half way up! I have no idea where, quite exciting..

No doubt we will stop for Sunday lunch somewhere ,and aim to get to the hotel in the late afternoon. Generally we just mooch about the area when we get there and then have a late evening meal and early to bed.

So planning starts from Monday. First thing I do is download a tourist map, then purchase one from Amazon.



This gives me a rough idea of where everything is, on a city break we try to do 2 things per day, given its Scotland and the weather may not be too good, the days will get swapped about to suit, but if we have a plan we have none of that what shall we do today, and wont be surprised by entrance fees.

Plans so far: 

Monday: Edinburgh Castle £57.60 for entrance. & 3d loch ness experience £16.50 

Tuesday: the Scottish whiskey experience £35. & Drive out to the country, find an authentic Scottish pub, get the boys to try haggis!, or just mooch about Edinburgh.

Wednesday: Camera Obscura £51.80 & the real Mary kings close £ 46.

Thursday: Edinburgh Zoo £ 63.50 & shopping

Friday: travel home.

Total cost needing to be saved for activities is £270.40

I think this will keep the boys amused and hopefully they will enjoy it, they didn't want to do The Scottish dungeon, but think they will like Mary kings. I am getting quite excited about this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...