Tuesday, December 29, 2020

The in-between.

Here we are at the in-between. That time during Christmas and new year where things seem to hover, not quite knowing whether to stay in the Christmas moment or start to move forward towards new year.

It was made easier for me as I am back to work today, so that moving forward things happened without me having to make that decision. To be honest I would have liked a few more days of rest and relaxation reading and knitting under the twinkling lights of the Christmas tree!

My thoughts are turning to the new year, but I'm reluctant to make any plans  due to the current Corona virus situation. All external plans are on hold and new plans relate to the reading of books and starting new knitting projects. My goal this year is to learn how to do colorwork sweaters.

My current read is 

Absolutely loved the series and couldn't wait for series 3 so bought the book. I have spent a few happy hours lost in this book.

I also was gifted some books for Christmas so as well as my rather large ' to read' pile I know have these


2021 will definitely be a year of reading.

I also cast on a new project on boxing day, my very first Stephen West project, his Hiberknitalong
I had some gift money to use so did splash out and buy a yarn kit


Glorious colours and it is so soft to knit with.
The hiberknitaong had 2 projects to choose from a crescent shawl 

Photo from Stephen west's project page


Photo from Stephen West's project page

I chose the triangular shawl, Woven Chevrons.


A couple of minor errors but really loving it. The pattern repeat is quiet easy when you ' get it'  and could be classed as a TV knit. It is really rather soothing to knit and definitely a great project for these dark days.

Despite spending many hours inside, were in Tier 3.... I have managed to get out for some walks


quite cold and breezy but just what you need to blow the cobwebs away.
We've had no snow here, sad, as I actually love snow. but it is really rather cold.

I'm hoping to get out again next weekend as these dark days and having to work don't give me enough daylight to get out anywhere for a decent walk. 

So for now I shall enjoy the in-between being snug and cosy at home.

1 comment:

  1. Mick always gets this time between Christmas and New Year off work and I love the slower pace after the hustle and bustle of Christmas. We have snow, you're very welcome to it if you want it, haha.

    ReplyDelete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...