Wednesday, December 9, 2020

WIP Wednesday.

 Can you believe I have found my knitting mojo !

I was overwhelmed by WIPS and stash, so something had to give. Yet another destash was done, I only kept sweater quantities or yarns highlighted for specific projects, everything else had to go. I still need to do some sorting in my office to organise the stash boxes but it feels good to start minimising my stash. (I may have bought a kit yesterday for a knit along, will show and tell when it arrives)

As none of my WIPS were making me happy, some colour was called for, see my post on 05/12/20  . Well what can I say, the socks are flying off the needles and I am loving knitting them


This little beauty will be finished tonight and then its onto sock 2. They make me so happy I will have to knit a pair for myself. ( I have more rainbow yarn)

The other project I am knitting on is this one



A great project for using your mini skeins. These skeins were from an  advent calendar by Norah George Yarns,  The theme was The Secret Garden, one of my favourite films and the remake is just fab. I really didn't know what to do with them and given I was in a  knitting flunk I wanted something quick and easy to do each day. (The grey yarn was from my stash) This is a great pattern , I'm loving the daily knit, its just about right and great TV / relaxing knitting. I'm actually one day ahead as I don't want to have to knit the last bit on Christmas eve as I am working and have loads of stuff to do around working hours. 

These 2 projects are brining me great joy , other WIPS are on hold, there is no urgency to get any of them finished and luckily I have organised a WIP  box in my office .

4 comments:

  1. What lovely colourful yarn, it's making some very happy socks. The Secret Garden is a book I remember my mum reading to me when I was young and it's one I read to Eleanor too, I've read it at various times throughout my life, one of my favourites. I was excited to watch the remake but I was left disappointed, I didn't enjoy it at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very happy socks indeed, it will be a struggle to part with them !

      Delete
  2. Those socks are to die for, lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aren't they just, may need to knit me a pair..

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...